Aeratis Historically Accurate, Opperable, Shutter Hardware
Aeratis offers a variety of historically accurate shutter hardware options. All shutter hardware options were designed to mimic shutter hardware from a much earlier time but with a twist. All Aeratis shutter hardware items are made from the most modern and advanced materials. These advanced materials are guaranteed to never rust, deteriorate or break under normal use for the entire time you own your home. In addition to mimicking some of the most desirable hardware in history, we have engineered the very fist custom shutter fastener line. Typically hardware is sold without the fasteners. Aeratis has engineered a complete line of custom shutter fasteners for mounting both pintles to the wall as well as the hinges/hardware to the face of the shutters.
In addition to advanced materials, Aeratis has also engineered hardware pieces like the Aeratis Shutters Support. This item seen above, is made of stainless steel and is completely hidden. It hides behind the shutter dog but it stops all shutters from sagging over time. So many wood shutters fail due to gravity over time. One shutters are only supported on the window side of the shutter, this leaves the other side to slowly droop over time which leads to a shutter failure. Select from a shutter hardware category below to find cost effective rust free shutter hardware.
- New York L Hinges – The New York Style “L” hinge and pintles are the most common hinges sold for operable shutters. The Aeratis Custom Shutter In-A-Box comes with stainless-steel New York “L” hinges, pintles and also includes a mid-hinge for 3’, 5’, 7’ and 2 pairs of mid-hinges for 10’ shutters. These hinges will not rust and will allow you to open and close your shutters. All Aeratis New York style hinges are made of stainless-steel as are all screws to mount and secure your hinges to the shutters. All shutter hardware is powder-coated black and is scratch resistant.
- New York Mid-Hinges – Mid-hinges are made of stainless-steel and are powder-coated black. These mid-hinges are included with your New York Shutter Hardware Kit or can be purchased separately. The purpose of a mid-hinge it to keep the shutters secure in the middle of the shutter and keep exposed and unexposed shutters from warping away from the wall.
- Aeratis Lull & Porter Style Hinges – The Aeratis Lull & Porter hinges will not rust and are made from zinc-alloy and are powder-coated black. The Lull & Porter hinges are essential in areas of historic significance. Each zinc-alloy hinge is mortised into the edge of the shutter and the window casing. This hinge is designed to hold the shutter in the open position. Note: If this hinge is used with Aeratis Shutters, the shutter support and lag bolt must be used to receive Lifetime Limited Warranty.
- Shutter Dogs – Each pair of Aeratis shutters include a pair of aluminum scroll dogs, stainless-steel lag bolt and our patent pending scroll dog shutter support. The Scroll Dog is aluminum and all lag bolts are stainless-steel. The shutter support is placed over the lag bolt and adds additional support to your Custom Aeratis shutters. All scroll dogs and lag bolts are powder-coated black. Aeratis Shutter Dogs are gravity operated and if installed without over tightening they will function with gravity to keep your shutters in the open position.
- Shutter Supports – Aeratis shutter supports come with the shutter dog and the complete New York L Hinge kit. These supports are made of stainless steel and fit over the lag bolt for the shutter dogs. The support is completely hidden behind the shutter dog and has 2 set screws to set it in the perfect position to support the shutter (See image above).
- Shutter Fasteners – All too often it is impossible to find the right screws in the right color to attach the pintles to the wall or the shutter hardware to the shutter. It is even more difficult to find screws to fasten Lull & Porter style hinges to the window seal and to shutter post mortising. All Aeratis fasteners are engineered to be used with shutters and to install shutter hardware. All our fasteners are available in the shutter accessory category below.
Shutter Hardware Categories
New York “L” Hinges
Aeratis Lull & Porter
Aeratis Custom Shutter